You can uninstall ArangoDB from a system and keep your data
Uninstallation depends on the method used to install ArangoDB, and on the operating system in use, and typically consists of the following high-level steps:
If an installation package is used:
- Uninstallation of the ArangoDB package, which may or may not remove the database directory and the configuration files in addition to the ArangoDB binaries, depending on how the uninstallation process is started and on the operating system in use.
- Optional removal of the leftover files (database directory and/or configuration files)
If a tar.gz or .zip archive is used:
- Removal of the files and folders that were unpacked from the archive. A data directory might exist in a subdirectory of the root folder.
- Optional removal of the leftover files (database directory and/or configuration files) stored in a different place
If the ArangoDB Starter was used to deploy ArangoDB, there will be an additional manual step:
- Removal of the data directory created by the Starter
(the path used for the option
--starter.data-dir). This is different and in addition to the removal of the data directory that is created for the Single Instance by the installation package.