Troubleshooting issues of ArangoDB cluster deployments
Cluster front end is unresponsive
- Check if the Coordinator(s) in question are started up.
- Check if the Agency is up and a leader has been elected. If not ensure that all or a majority of Agents are up and running.
- Check if all processes have been started up with the same
JWT_SECRET. If not ensure that the
JWT_SECRETused across the cluster nodes is identical for every process.
- Check if all cluster nodes have been started with SSL either dis- or enabled. If not decide what mode of operation you would like to run your cluster in, and consistently stick with for all Agents, Coordinators and DB-Servers.
- Check if network communication between the cluster nodes is such that all processes can directly access their peers. Do not operate proxies between the cluster nodes.
Cluster front end announces errors on any number of nodes
- This is an indication that the Agency is running but either Coordinators or DB-Servers are disconnected or shut down. Establish network connection to or start the according nodes.
- Make sure that the nodes in question share the same
JWT_SECRETand SSL operation mode with the functioning nodes.
Dig deeper into cluster troubleshooting by going through the ArangoDB Cluster Administration Course .