ArangoDB Production Checklist
The following checklist can help to understand if important steps have been performed on your production system before you go live:
- Executed the OS optimization scripts (if you run ArangoDB on Linux). See Installing ArangoDB on Linux for details.
- OS monitoring is in place (most common metrics, e.g. disk, CPU, RAM utilization).
- The user root is not used to run any ArangoDB processes (if you run ArangoDB on Linux).
- Disk space monitoring is in place (only if you use the RocksDB storage engine)
- The arangod (server) process and the arangodb (Starter) process (if in use) have some form of logging enabled and you can easily locate and inspect them.
If you use the Starter to deploy, you stopped - and disabled automated start of - the ArangoDB Single Instance, e.g. on Ubuntu:
service arangodb3 stop update-rc.d -f arangodb3 remove
On Windows in a command prompt with elevated rights:
sc config arangodb start= disabled sc stop arangodb