Welcome to the ArangoDB documentation!
The documentation introduces ArangoDB for you as an user, developer and administrator and describes all of its functions in detail.
Key features include:
- Schema-free schemata let you combine the space efficiency of MySQL with the performance power of NoSQL
- Use ArangoDB as an application server and fuse your application and database together for maximal throughput
- ArangoDB is multi-threaded - exploit the power of all your cores
- Flexible data modelling: model your data as combination of key-value pairs, documents or graphs - perfect for social relations
- Free index choice: use the correct index for your problem, be it a skip list or a fulltext search
- Configurable durability: let the application decide if it needs more durability or more performance
- No-nonsense storage: ArangoDB uses all of the power of modern storage hardware, like SSD and large caches
- Powerful query language (AQL) to retrieve and modify data
- Transactions: run queries on multiple documents or collections with optional transactional consistency and isolation
- Replication and Sharding: set up the database in a master-slave configuration or spread bigger datasets across multiple servers
- It is open source (Apache Licence 2.0)
In this documentation you can inform yourself about all the functions, features and programs ArangoDB provides for you.
You can also go to our cookbook and look through some recipes to learn more about ArangoDB specific problems and solutions.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask on:
We will respond as soon as possible.